Key words: Data visualization, automation, views, presentation
How to visualize your data
A number of out-of-the-box visualizations are provided by Ardoq.
A great place to start, and firm customer favorites:
- Process flow - shows the relationships in sequential order from the current context as the starting point. The process flow also captures implicit relationships from other workspaces.
- Dependency map - this view shows components and their parent-child hierarchy in horizontal lanes. Outgoing references are shown as circular items.
Other views include:
- Pages - shows all the components in the current context.
- Tagscape - gives you an overview of all the tags and which references and components are tagged.
- Component tree - shows an expandable hierarchical tree of all the components in the workspace.
- Dependency wheel - shows all components linked to each other in current workspace.
- Treemap - shows a zoomable treemap of all the components in the current workspace. Good for aggregation of field values.
- Relationships - shows a complete overview of all relationships in the workspaces or the given context.
- Swimlanes - shows a similar view as the process flow however the parents are included to give a better overview.
- Roadmap view - use list field on both axis to build a matrix of the combinations.
- Tables - a table is still excellent for displaying the data.
- Dependency matrix - good place to mass create references.
- Jira - allows you to create new issues, gain an overview of issues and see visualization of the statistics. This is also context sensitive.